Sandwich packs are being prepared on a weekly basis and provided to Rev. White for distribution.
How to Participate?
Option 1: Members can sign up to procure the items necessary for the sandwiches, on a monthly basis:
Sandwich packs are prepared on a weekly basis and provided to Rev. White for distribution in Charlotte uptown. Members can sign up to procure the items necessary for the sandwiches on a monthly basis:
Option 2: If you are interested in preparing the sandwiches in an ad-hoc basis, you are welcome to do so. The sandwiches can be prepared at home and brought to the center’s weekly Sunday meetings.
Instructions for Preparing the Sandwich Packs:
- We can make about 9 Sandwiches from 1 bread loaf.
- A Sandwich packet contains 1 chips packet, 1 fruit juice packet, 1 banana and a napkin.
- An additional item such as a fruit or a nutrition bar can also be included.
- Sandwiches should be spread with smooth creamy Peanut butter (not nutty, crunchy).
- Sandwiches must be enclosed in a ziploc bag.
- All the items must be packed in a brown paper bag.
- If bringing the items to the center, please make sure to bring:
- 3 bread loafs, preferably Sara Lee Whole Wheat with at least a week’s expiration date left
- 2 bottles of smooth creamy peanut butter
- 24 chips packs (can also be a variety pack with different flavors)
- 24 fruit juice packs (like Caprisun, Minute Maid or Apple and Eve 6 oz packs)
- 24 bananas
- 24 nutrition bars or fruits (optional)
- 24 napkins
- 24 brown paper bags